Mexican popup La Terraza – Number 90 bar
Hackney’s Number 90 bar and restaurant have launched it’s Mexican popup La Terraza. 90’s brand new outside decking area right by the canal encourages Londoners to drink, dance and eat waterside.
With a Cancunsique tiki hut bar, dreamy mood lighting and rustic wooden benches made from Corona crates La Terraza is a hipster’s paradise. OK so it’s not Acapulco but use your imagination!
The Mexican fiesta is serving up bottomless strawberry and passionfruit frozen margaritas, Mexican street food and a daily DJ sets from Hackney locals.
Priced from £5 and featuring all the best Mexican classics from tacos and nachos to quesadillas, the fresh and fun street food offering will also feature healthy Mexican Super Food salads and even the chance to compete in a cricket eating competition.
Examples from the menu include:
– Pulled chicken tostadas with refried beans, avocado, cabbage, pickled red onion and salsa served in crispy tortillas
– Tacos chilli con carne – beef mince chilli with cabbage and fresh salsa in a crisp taco shell
– Mexican salad – cactus, red onion, avocado, beans, corn, cherry tomato, chilli accompanied by a lime – vinegar and coriander sauce; (Gluten free)
– Veggie quesadillas – Cheesy tortillas with avocado, beans, coriander, corn, chilli and fresh salsa;
– Nachos – Tortilla chips layered in melted cheese & jalapeño served with guacamole, piquant salsa sauce and sour cream;
Move over rooftop bars it’s all about barge life this summer!
Wednesday – Sunday 12pm – 11.30pm
Bottomless margaritas and DJs Tickets for 2 hours of bottomless frozen margaritas are priced at £20 and are available to purchase in advance via Event Brite or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Number 90 Bar Terrace
90 Main Yard,
Wallis Road HACKNEY WICK,
E9 5LN London
T:020 8986 0090